More and more women are taking up the centuries-old practice of encapsulating their placentas. You may have heard of celebrities in social media choosing placenta pills to speed up their recovery and healing after their baby is born. This is not a Hollywood luxury service - women all over the Puget Sound (and the rest of the world, too!) are choosing to experience the healing benefits of placentophagy.
After taking their placenta pills, new mothers report feeling:
Your placenta grew along side your baby from the day of conception, has been providing hormones to sustain your pregnancy, nutrients to feed your baby, and oxygen so your baby can breathe while in the womb. Once your baby is born, your placenta is also born but it's usefulness doesn't end there! When consumed, your placenta:
- contains your very own natural hormones and is made perfectly by you, for you so you can feel your best quicker.
- is full of gentle, easily absorbed, custom-made iron so you can replenish depleted iron, which helps with your energy, without the constipation.
- can lessen how much you bleed postpartum (totally normal after your baby is born).
- hastens your uterus' return to the size and shape it was pre-pregnancy.
- can help regulate sleep/wake cycles and ward off insomnia which could mean you only get up in the middle of the night to care for your baby.
- has been reported to increase milk production which for some looks like more milk volume while others report a thicker consistency (think: heavy cream vs. skim).
Encapsulation with Puget Sound Doulas
Choosing us to encapsulate your placenta means you are trusting us to safely process your placenta. It means you are all about the convenience of not having to coordinate another professional picking up your placenta - and then again to drop off the finished pills. It means you want to experience the best postpartum healing and recovery humanly possible - and you're happy to solicit the help to achieve that.
We are professionally trained, reliable, and lickety-split quick.
Placenta Encapsulation is $250.
Every placenta encapsulation package includes:
Additional Placenta Services:
Naturally help fight baby blues and postpartum depression with placenta encapsulation, placenta tinctures, placenta prints for home births, water births, hospital births, birth center births, VBAC births in Seattle, Kirkland, Lynnwood, Everett, Edmonds, Snohomish, Bellevue and surrounding areas. Additional services include Birth Doula support in Seattle, Kirkland, Lynnwood, Everett, Edmonds, Snohomish, Bellevue, and surrounding areas and excellent local resources for Childbirth Education Classes, Maternity, Birth, & Newborn Photography, and more. Learn about the difference home birth Midwifery care during pregnancy and birth can make with Seattle Midwives.